In 1958, seven men of Italian extraction who resided in Vero Beach got together and started what is now the Vero Beach Italian American Civic Association.
Having no club house of their own, they held their first meeting at Dom’s Tower restaurant where Al Teti presided as the first President. Subsequent meetings were held in various locations in Vero Beach for a period of 13 years until they were able to erect a building where they could have their meetings and run their social affairs. As the membership grew, an addition to the building was erected in March 1973.
The present membership would like to express their gratitude and appreciation to the charter members who, only through perseverance and unyielding will not to give up when adversity confronted them, kept this organization intact to grow into one of the most active charitable organizations in Vero Beach and to enhance the recognition of the Italian American’s in Florida. Written in 1986 by Pat Riffone
Some clippings from 1982: